Our Sydney Respirator Fit Testing Service
Cost Effective, Convenient & Efficient Fit Testing in Sydney
Our Sydney quantitative respirator fit testing service helps ensure that your workers respiratory protection is providing the required level of protection.
We pride ourselves on integrating with our clients’ schedules by testing during times that suit you at our office or on site.
Fit testing can often be scheduled to occur when one of our consultants are onsite conducting other Hygiene related activities or on a campaign basis to conduct bulk sampling.
Our Sydney Respirator Fit Testing Services Includes:
- Rigorously trained Sydney Occupational Hygiene consultants holding the requisite competencies to undertake your monitoring
- Occupational Hygienists with a thorough understanding of the relevant Australian and industry specific standards by which testing must be conducted
- We only use fit for purpose equipment, appropriately calibrated, which complies with the requirements of respective legislation
- A commitment to you, our client, to provide the highest levels of service possible
Respirator Fit Testing Methods
There are two methods of fit testing that meet the requirements of AS 1715:2009 Selection, use and and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, Qualitative and Quantitative.
At 5 Sticks Consulting we use and recommend the Quantitative Fit Test (QNFT) Condensed nuclei counter (CNC) method using the PortaCount 8048 model.
We believe that this method provides the highest accuracy in results and can be used to test any tight-fitting respirator.
When Should Your Employees Have a Respirator Fit Test?
AS/NZS 1715:2009 – Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment states that workers need to be fit tested:
- Before wearing a tight-fitting respirator for the first time
- At least annually
- Whenever a different size, style, model or make of respirator is used
- When any physical change occurs to the worker (e.g. significant weight change, dental work)
Still have questions about respirator fit testing Sydney?
Our Sydney team has been providing respirator fit testing services to Sydney’s largest employers. No matter the questions that you have, we’re sure to be able to answer them.
Experience Breeds Confidence